November Objectives:
- Improve ability to read music.
- Keep up bass practice.
- Begin work on Showreel.
- Conduct interviews with session musicians, industry professionals etc.
- Research other session musicians’ webpages.
I have improved on my ability to read music. I have done this by retrieving sheet music books (such as Blood Sugar Sex Magic by the Red Hot Chili Peppers). I have retrieved my "Bass Method" music theory book aswell, which is giving some insight, however it doesn't have anything to do with Rockschool grades.
In January I will purchase the relevant book to bring me upto speed.
In January I will purchase the relevant book to bring me upto speed.
Regarding bass practice, I have been practicing moderately often but not as often as I would like, due to other work and projects. I have however started playing sessions for my housemate Dave Bilsborough on tracks for the band "Hit and Run".
I was given 2 hours to learn 2 songs and perform them, having only heard the rhythm sections. I was able to perform these to a satisfactory standard however he has since asked me to re-perform the songs as guitar had been laid down, as well as another song onto which I was to improvise. I was also asked to read from a chord chart and transpose the chords to fit the key of the song. I was quite comfortable with this, however the computer ran out of space and so recording will take place in the near future.
These will contribute to my showreel.
I have also started to build tracks to show my writing skills using Ableton. I am hoping to create some music for my website this way, which I will personally mix and master.
I have been unable to start interviewing industry professionals, although I still have plans to interview Derrick Johnson.
I started to research the websites of session musicians before the proposal. These have included:
No comments:
Post a Comment